Stay on Top of Your Overall Health
At Just Smile Dental, Dr. William Webley and our Everett team wholeheartedly believe in treating your dental needs while keeping the health of your overall body in mind. Our practice is unique because we provide preventative and holistic dentistry to keep our patients’ mouths healthy. We believe that metal-free treatment solutions are safer for our patients and better for the environment.
Call our Everett dental office at (425) 341-1111 to schedule your holistic dentistry appointment or keep reading to learn more.
What Is Holistic Dentistry?
Holistic dentistry involves considering the mouth as a gateway to the whole body, including the mind. What happens in your mouth affects your oral health and overall health.
Many patients are unaware of the negative effects that traditional dental techniques and treatments can have on their bodies. Our holistic dentist educates patients about the health hazards found in our everyday environment and brings awareness to how those hazards interact with your medical conditions, dental health, and overall well-being.
Holistic vs. Traditional Dentistry
Holistic dentistry takes a comprehensive approach, viewing oral health as integral to overall well-being. It emphasizes toxin removal, nutritional strategies, and non-invasive healing. Both traditional and holistic dentists hold a doctorate in dentistry; there’s no separate program for holistic dental services.
Traditional dentistry focuses on specific dental issues using established methods and materials. At Just Smile Dental, we blend both approaches, ensuring a balanced approach that considers the connection between oral health and overall wellness. Dr. Webley and our team prioritize tailored, safe, and eco-conscious treatments for our patients.
Benefits of Holistic Dentistry
When you take advantage of holistic dentistry services, you’ll likely discover many benefits you may not have noticed with traditional dentistry treatments. Some of the many benefits of holistic dentistry include:
- Promotes Overall Body Health — Your overall well-being is taken into consideration alongside your oral health.
- Minimizes Toxic Exposure: Holistic dentistry focuses on using non-toxic materials and techniques, reducing patients’ exposure to harmful substances commonly found in traditional dentistry.
- Customized Treatment Plan — We understand every patient reacts differently to certain materials, so we use materials that are as safe as possible.
- Enhances Aesthetic Appeal: Non-metallic restorations offer a more natural and aesthetically pleasing appearance compared to traditional metallic restorations.
- Safe Healing Methods — Our Everett holistic dentist utilizes less reactive dental products and minimally invasive healing techniques so your mouth heals more naturally.
- Reduces Environmental Impact: Opting for metal-free treatments and safe mercury removal contributes to a healthier environment by minimizing the release of harmful substances.
Holistic Naturopathic Treatment Modalities
Ozone dental treatment is a natural, non-invasive therapy used in many dental procedures. This treatment can effectively treat minor tooth decay and destroy harmful bacteria and viruses that hide in the teeth and the human body. This treatment uses either pure ozone gas, ozonated water, or oil to safely destroy the microorganisms.
Ozonated water has been treated with ozone gas for disinfection purposes and can be used as a disinfection agent. Furthermore, ozonated water is safe and beneficial to people and the environment. Dr. Webley uses ozonated water in all his treatments.
Ozone for Gum Disease Treatment
If left untreated, periodontal (gum) disease can affect your oral health and cause painful symptoms like inflamed gums and toothaches. Dr. Webley uses a form of ozone and applies it directly to the infected area of the gum tissue. This targets and penetrates the pocket of infection where it currently resides. Ozone helps control the infection and eliminate the infected gum tissue that can’t be saved.
Ozone in Root Canal Treatments
Ozone therapy can also be used for root canal treatment. Ozone helps to sterilize the canal system, eliminating bacteria and promoting faster healing.
If you have a damaged tooth that’s still alive, Dr. Webley can also use ozone to save and preserve the damaged tooth. During the procedure, Dr. Webley will sterilize all parts of the tooth, including the smallest canals and tubules, without using invasive methods.
Ozone in TMJ Treatments
If you’re suffering from TMJ disorder, Dr. Webley can use ozone therapy to relieve painful symptoms such as inflammation. During your consultation with Dr. Webley, he’ll evaluate your condition and create a treatment plan based on the severity of your dysfunction and level of discomfort. The use of ozone for TMJ treatment is safe and effective.
TMJ disorder has many causes, such as oral infections, wisdom teeth, or toothaches from teeth grinding. These causes often consist of viruses, bacteria, and fungi, all of which ozone can eliminate and relieve painful symptoms. If Dr. Webley determines that ozone therapy is necessary to treat your symptoms, he’ll inject ozone into the TMJ to eliminate these microorganisms, reduce inflammation, and stimulate new cartilage growth.
Safe Mercury Removal
If you have silver-mercury amalgam fillings and want them removed for a safer alternative, Dr. Webley offers safe mercury removal at our Everett, WA, office. These fillings consist of trace amounts of a toxic substance called mercury, which can harm your oral health, overall health, and the environment.
If you choose to have your amalgam fillings removed at our Everett office, Dr. Webley will keep your overall health in mind and make sure to minimize your exposure during the removal process. Here’s what you can expect:
- Dr. Webley and our dental team will provide you with a full torse drape and eye protection to prevent mercury from getting on your body and clothes.
- He’ll also provide you with a nasal mask connected to oxygen so you can breathe through your nose and prevent you from inhaling mercury vapor.
- He’ll carefully remove large chunks of the filling to minimize drilling and reduce mercury vaporization.
- Using a high-speed suction placed close to the fillings, any vapor and particles left in the oral cavity will be sucked out.
- After the removal, Dr. Webley will rinse your mouth with plenty of cool water and suction out all remaining dust and particles.
- After the procedure, Dr. Webley will fill the area with an alternative filling to ensure a long-lasting, safe, and effective tooth restoration.
Non-Metal & BPA-Free Fillings
If you’ve had a safe mercury removal procedure or are looking for a safer alternative to amalgam fillings, we have a solution for you. Dr. Webley offers non-metallic and BPA-free fillings.
Just like their traditional metal counterparts, composite fillings can treat dental problems, such as cavities, and repair cracked, broken, or worn-down teeth. Composite fillings are mercury-free, non-toxic, and tooth-colored. They’re a great alternative for patients who are allergic to metals and want a safer alternative to dental amalgam fillings.
Candidacy for Holistic Dentistry at Just Smile Dental
Here are some key considerations for determining candidacy for holistic dentistry at Just Smile Dental:
- Individuals seeking a comprehensive approach to dental care that prioritizes overall well-being
- Patients with a preference for natural, non-invasive treatments and a desire to minimize exposure to toxins
- Those interested in safe mercury removal or seeking alternative, non-metallic fillings
- Individuals experiencing dental issues related to infections, decay, or TMJ disorders, who may benefit from ozone therapy
- Patients looking for a dentist who considers their unique sensitivities and provides customized treatment plans
- Those interested in sustainable dental practices that contribute to a healthier environment
If you resonate with any of these criteria, holistic dentistry at Just Smile Dental may be the right choice for you. Dr. Webley and our team are dedicated to providing personalized, eco-conscious dental care that prioritizes your overall health and well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, holistic dentistry is suitable for patients of all ages, including children and the elderly. It focuses on natural and safe dental treatments that benefit overall health.
With proper oral hygiene and regular biannual visits to Just Smile Dental, mercury-free fillings can last up to 10 years. When it’s time to replace your mercury fillings, the procedure is quick and painless. To ensure longevity, holistic dentists recommend following the instructions:
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss daily
- Rinse between meals
Ozone therapy has been proven safe in many studies. This therapy produces effective and safe results with very few side effects. Additionally, ozone therapy has been used in medicine for centuries to promote faster healing and prevent oral infection. It’s also an effective and safe way to sterilize medical instruments.
Most insurance covers a portion of the treatment cost. We encourage you to speak to your insurance provider to learn more about your coverage plan and the benefits they offer. You can also ask if your dental clinic provides financing options.
See Our Commitment to Achieving Overall Wellbeing — Schedule Now!
When it comes to oral care, Dr. Webley wants you to be informed about what will be going into your body. At Just Smile Dental, our dental team provides our patients with trustworthy, holistic options for their dental care.
Give holistic dentistry a chance! Call our Everett office at (425) 341-1111 to schedule an appointment today and learn more about our holistic techniques. You can also fill out our online contact form, and one of our staff will gladly assist you. We’re proud to provide services to Edmonds, Marysville, Lynnwood, Snohomish, and many more!